"You Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you." - Isaiah 26:3
Monday, October 31, 2011
This Marvelous City I Call home
It has now been over three months since I first landed in NYC... Wow, SO much has happened since that first day its unbelievable... Although in the mist of all that has occurred, one thing I know is I have fallen madly in love with this amazing city and the wonderful new people that have been placed in my life. New York City is truly a magnificent place. From the sounds, smells, sights, cultures, and experiences, the city echos with an overwhelmingly enthusiastic energy. If you stand on a the street corner for even two minutes you will quickly sense it and feel yourself being invited and pulled into an exciting experience and it will be very difficult to decline the invitation. This city is bold and can be overwhelming at times yet I find myself so at home in the mist of the hustle and bustle and right now there is no place I would rather be... Since I arrived the Lord has showered me with one blessing after another, from a roof over my head in a great neighborhood, new wonderful friendships, a challenging yet incredible school to attend each day, a great church that just happens to be only eight blocks away from my house, food in my stomach, a growing passion for Broadway and most of all the Lords amazing presence, grace and love. We serve a BIG God and I praise his name for his hand of provision in my life, for it is only by his grace that I am here... Each day is filled with an overwhelmingly full schedule of classes from jazz, modern, ballet, tap, yoga, musical theater history, music theory, vocal technique, acting, private voice lessons, voice and speech, scrip analysis, and rehearsal... Even though all our classes are extremely difficult and challenging I am loving each and every one of them . I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be living in this marvelous city and attending such a wonderful school.. I look forward to seeing all that we will continue to learn. God is good and I am bursting with excitement to watch his beautiful plans unfold!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment